Monday, October 29, 2012

Discrimination

Discrimination is the prejudicial or distinguishing treatment of an individual based on his or her membership - or perceived membership - in a certain group or category. It involves the group's initial reaction or interaction, influencing the individual's actual behavior towards the group or the group leader, restricting members of one group from opportunities or privileges that are available to another group, leading to the exclusion of the individual or entities based on logical or irrational decision making. "Wikipedi"

dis·crim·i·na·tion
1.      an act or instance of discriminating.

2.
treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction infavor of or against, a person or thing based on the group,class, or category to which that person or thing belongsrather than on individual merit: racial and religious intoleranceand discrimination.
3.
the power of making fine distinctions;discriminating judgment: She chose the colors with greatdiscrimination.
4.
Archaic. something that serves to differentiate.

"dictionary.com"


I wish it never existed. I had a big long blog post about this topic. It disappeared while cooking my husband dinner. I had poured my heart into it. I was discriminated against today and it sucked.  You see I am Canadian living in USA and I am constantly being teased about being from Canada. It gets very annoying but most times I just smile and ignore the comments. Today however I was told to go back to the country where I belong. People are so ignorant. They think free speech means they have the right to say things that hurt people to get their point across. I am proud to be Canadian but I am a thankful, taxpaying, law abiding resident that does more good then bad for this Country in which I call home. Keep your thoughts to yourself people because the person sitting next to you may be who you are discriminating and hurting deeply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment