The days, the weeks, the months - they fly by. It makes me sad that 2013 has gone so quickly. It looks like we may to enter another Christmas wishing and hoping for our miracle Christmas baby. We have been doing research to find other avenues or agencies to work with, but I have this nagging feeling we are to wait. We have sent in inquires for two other agencies and we are waiting to hear back from them. I do believe, deep down in my heart, that there is a baby who is being beautifully created for us, and when we finally have it in our arms I'll realize exactly why it took so long, why God said Wait.
As we are moving forward and looking at other agencies, we realize that we are about five to eight thousand dollars short of reaching our budget we feel comfortable with. I realize we should never put a budget on God, but if he has other plans then the financial part will be taken care of. So with that being said, we need your help!
On October 26th we will be hosting an online auction. There are two ways you can help. DONATE something we can auction off or BID on something you might like. We already have donations coming in and I'll be honest with you, you’re going to love the stuff that’s being donated! There is going to be something that everyone might be interested in. The larger pieces or restaurant gift cards will be place specific, but other items will be available for both our American friends and Canadian friends. Now, you might be thinking to yourself, I can’t do either of these two things. But really, you can! Here is how: Please take this blog post and share it everywhere. Just the other day I had someone msg me wanting to donate because they saw our post through one of our friends. This auction is not going to be successful without you. God is going to use YOU to help US meet our precious little one in the near future! Here is the link to our Facebook page where you can like our page and share with all your family and friends with one simple click… Jillyan and Jared's Adoption Journey
Facebook has become one of the biggest avenues for birth moms finding their little ones a forever family. We keep hearing the phrase, "It’s about the people you know." I have met two families this last week where there birth mom has found their Facebook page through people liking and sharing their page with others on their Facebook page. You never know where our Facebook page could end up and this is what we want to happen. The one family had 600 likes on their page. Can you believe that 600 people were following their journey! If you don't have Facebook (yes, there are people out there…), I give you my permission to share my blog address with everyone on your email list. If you do have Facebook, it's as simple as a couple of clicks away.
In the next few weeks I am going to be posting a few pictures of what people have donated. If you or your company would like to donate, please either msg me on Facebook or send an email to voyage2adopt@gmail.com. Any donation is greatly appreciated, and we will be sure to advertise your business on our page. Thank you all for being part of our journey. Now go forth and share!
No comments:
Post a Comment