Sunday, March 18, 2012

Transformation

Jared and I are home from a full weekend of God refreshing in our hearts his calling to our lives. Our journey has been long and very painful at times, but we see hope and a new beginning. We  feel 100% confident that this is where we need to invest our lives, prayer and money.

Father Heart is an amazing ministry to young ladies who have become pregnant and have  nowhere else to go. They stay at a 40 acre breath taking property and all live together. They are taken care of spiritually and physically with the out pouring of love from YWAM missionaries. Loving alternatives is the adoption side of the ministry. You will hear me talk a lot about each of these through our journey.

God was very real to us this weekend through many testimonies of people who have all been affected by loving alternatives and there ministry's. We heard from a  family who has adopted three children, a 20 year old child who was adopted and a mother who has placed 2 children. All the testimonies we heard made us know and understand the agency and there passion for children. They are doing Gods work at this agency, and that is why we are certain this is the right agency to work with.

Friday night we stayed at a bed and breakfast. Unfortunately, it was not all that nice. It is a place that a lot of missionaries and conference groups stay at, but it needs a little work. The little room we stayed in was clean but just old. We had no "real bed" just a pull out coach and a small day bed. We were both ready for a good night sleep after an amazing evening learning about Loving Alternatives. As Jared went to sleep pretty quickly, I started processing everything. I felt like I was running a marathon. I tossed and turned, Prayed like crazy, read, played games on my I phone, and closed my eyes and tried to rock myself to sleep. I was very frustrated knowing that I had a very long day full of a lot of information. I wanted to be ready for what God had prepared me to hear and not be feeling lousy. I saw every hour pass by and finally at 6am I fell asleep only to wake up at 8am. I sent a quick text to my friend to pray that I would feel good all day. God knew already, and He gave me an amazing amount of energy to get through it. I thought I would crash as soon as we got on the road, but I was wrong. Jared and I spent the time discussing everything and how good we felt about our decision. I love how through the little journey we have already taken God has alined our hearts.

So our next step is to fill out our criminal report, schedule our home study and make a book that will be shown to the moms as they choose the right family for their child. One thing that was made clear to me this weekend is that it may be a quick process or seem to take forever, but through it all we need to remember it's Gods journey not ours!

I am going to leave you with a picture that I took as soon as we had arrived. When Jared and I looked at the picture we saw how God speaks through everything. It reminded us how through Christ dying on the cross and Him rising from the dead we all have new life. This Picture also reminds Jared and I of the transformation in our lives that is being played out as we say yes to His calling.


 Blessed in Him!

3 comments:

  1. blessings to you Jill! God will provide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I am so excited for you and Jared. We have had the pleasure and joy to go through this with Ross and Staci. We also know this agency and the people that work there and they are amazing. They all truly bless your life and walk with you through this journey. Yes, they are correct about the time frame. One time , we have experience as short as 6 weeks to a year and half. But, each time, God was in charge and knew exactly what he was doing !! Can't wait to meet the sweet little child that God has prepared for your family!

    ReplyDelete