Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My First Post

I can't believe I am getting myself into this. I really feel like it is a step to become deeper with God as I share my life with the world.  I have always wanted to start journaling, and over the past years I have been so inspired by many people who blog, so here I am. I hope that through this blog many people would be drawn closer to the Lord that I serve and get to know me and my little family better.

My day started with Jared leaving for his first day at his new career. I am so happy and excited for him. The Lord really blessed us with this position at an architecture firm in Dallas. On Dec 17th Jared graduated from UTA with magna cum laude.  Before he headed to grad he got the call that the firm had offered him a position. Not only was I excited that Jared had completed his degree but so very thankful that he also had a job. I am now waiting for my man to get home so we can have dinner together.

After getting up, taking the trash out and throwing on some clothes, Dakota and I went to White Rock lake dog park. I thought we would go to a new park today. Not such a great idea. The park is dirty and there is no grass. The water tap is surrounded with mud and there were pieces of dog toys everywhere. The one main reason I wanted to go to that park was because they have a fenced in area where the dogs can swim in the lake. While leaving the big area two dogs were just arriving. They attacked Dakota on our way out.  It was good timing to leave because the dogs walked around causing problems with other dogs at the parks. Dakota Loves to swim and so she did enjoy the swimming part. The area is not safe as there is huge chunks of cement in the water that if the dog is not careful they could get really hurt jumping in. After Dakota had enough fun in the lake we headed home.

All afternoon I have been working on my sewing projects. As many of you know I have fallen in love with sewing over the past few years. I now appreciate the sewing and cooking classes in school and the time my grandma spent teaching me different things about sewing. I'll post a few pictures of different things I have created and share more on my passion of creating blankets for people on another day.


Go to teamalexander.blogspot.com to help the village of Dube Bute in Ethiopia. Raffle tickets are $10 each. The quilt and many other awesome prizes are up for grabs





                                                               Our swim at White Rock

I shall go and start dinner. Jared just called and is on his way home. Dakota is also staring me down wanting her food. She is giving me the look like she is being neglected.  She is one dog that has not gone one day with out love and attention. She is very spoiled but is a gift from God. I will also share more about her story and why she is so special to me.


Matthew 22:37-40
"Jesus said, 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment